Smile For Life Children’s Charity will look after any personal information that you share with us.
You can be confident that:
- We will only use personal information in the ways we need to and that is expected of us.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt-out from future communications.
- We will never release your information to external organisations.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and following secure processes.
- How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you interact withSmile For Life Children’s Charity. There are many occasions when this could happen, for example: if you enquire about our fundraising activities, register for an event, make a donation, interact on social media channels, purchase something, apply for a volunteering opportunity, if you choose to provide some optional feedback or otherwise provide us with personal information through correspondence via telephone, email, text or letter.
- What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us.
We also gather general information about the use of our websites, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in Smile For Life emails. We may use this information to personalise the way our website is presented when users visit them, to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites.
- How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To respond to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means.
- For internal record keeping
- To respond to or fulfil any requests, complaints, or queries we receive from you.
- To confirm that your gift or donation has been processed correctly, to thank you accordingly, to validate your GIFT AID claim and maintain records of your past and future donations.
- To provide you with information and support for any events or fundraising activities of which you are taking part in, or holding on behalf of Smile For life Children’s charity.
- To contact you in relation to any voluntary opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- To raise funds and to promote the aims and objectives of Smile For Life Children’s charity
- To manage your contact preferences – When you “opt-in” or “opt-out”, or wish for us to update the information we have.
- To manage and support our volunteers during their time with the charity
- To inform – For our internal digital and social media marketing strategy.
- For internal purposes, research, impact reporting and ways to improve the way we work.
- To comply with a legal duty – For example, Gift Aid records and legacy pledges.
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us.
- To provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive.
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different regions of the UK;
- To analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the Smile For Life Children’s Charity website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Smile For Life Children’s Charity will only contact individuals for marketing purposes in cases where you have provided us with consent to do so for example, our “Keep in touch” section on our website. You may provide that consent in various ways including online or paper forms, social media, or face to face engagement with our fundraising team.